The Met Live in HD: Verdi’s Rigoletto
(performance from February 16, 2013)
Saturday, October 10, 2020, 11:00am
Michael Mayer’s acclaimed production, first seen in the 2012–13 season, sets the action of Verdi’s masterpiece in 1960 Las Vegas—a neon-lit world ruled by money and ruthless, powerful men. Piotr Beczała is the Duke, a popular entertainer and casino owner who will stop at nothing to get what he wants. Željko Lučić sings Rigoletto, his sidekick and comedian, and Diana Damrau is Rigoletto’s innocent daughter, Gilda. When she is seduced by the Duke, Rigoletto sets out on a tragic course of murderous revenge. Štefan Kocán is the assassin Sparafucile and Michele Mariotti conducts.
There will be a 10 minute intermission but no additional backstage footage. Lunch will not be available to purchase this year.
Adult $14 ♦ Student $8
* We strongly encourage all patrons to wear a mask in the common areas and as you move through the theater. Once seated, you may remove your mask to enjoy the performance
* The WYO lobby will open 45 minutes prior to show time
* Beverages will be available for purchase from concessions and will close as the show begins
* Please, to the best of your ability, practice social distancing in the lobby and restrooms by remaining 6 feet from other patrons
* Upon the conclusion of the performance, we will ask everyone to remain seated to be “dismissed” by row